Our approach to dispute resolution involves making an early assessment of a client’s position, canvassing the range of options available and recommending a strategy that is efficient, commercial and cost effective. We actively promote alternative dispute resolution processes including roundtable discussions, mediation, conciliation and arbitration so as to avoid the costly exercise of litigation. Where litigation is unavoidable, we are experienced in managing large and complex litigation as well as smaller claims handled in tribunals. We are consistently mindful of reducing the costs and complexity of litigation without compromising our client’s interests. We focus on clients’ legal and commercial interests and are mindful of suggesting alternative strategies in an effort to avoid protracted litigation.
Our dispute resolution and litigation team operates at each level of the judicial process in Victoria. We have extensive experience acting on behalf of plaintiffs and defendants in each of the courts and tribunals in Victoria.
We offer high quality legal advice and assistance with litigation in the following areas:
- contracts and commercial disputes
- trade practices and competition law
- insurance litigation (including product liability)
- building and construction disputes
- intellectual property, copyright, trade marks, confidential information
- tax litigation
- employment including restraints of trade
- banking and finance
- corporations law and securities
- property and development disputes
- estate and probate disputes
Contact us to arrange an appointment